Last updated May 26, 2023
The Types Of Data We Collect And How We Collect It (Incl. Cookies)
TYPES OF DATA. We collect, use, store and transfer different types of both personal and non-personal information through our website.
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person is identified or identifiable. It does not include data from which you cannot identify a person (anonymous data).
We may collect the following categories of personal data about you:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username, company, job title.
- Contact Data includes email address and telephone numbers.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any special categories of personal data about you (sensitive data such as details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How we collect data. We collect data in different ways through our website. You may provide us the data directly when you:
- Sign up to receive our newsletter;
- Request marketing materials to be sent to you;
- Join our community or join us on discord;
- Use our contact form on our website; or
- Provide us with feedback or contact us.
– Cookies that are absolutely necessary:
They are indispensable for the functioning of our website and without them, you will not be able to use the pages of our website as planned. These cookies are only used by us.
– Functional and performance cookies:
They allow you to save your settings for slide shows as well as for the language to improve your usability. They also collect information about the use of our website to improve its attractiveness, content and functionality.
– Cookies for range measurement:
They are used to obtain statistics in order to optimize the performance of our website.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our website.
Please note that you are responsible for the security of the data in relation to the use of your computer, smartphone and other hardware.
We may also receive personal data about you from certain third parties as follows:
- HubSpot Marketing Automation Platform – OLYMPE uses HubSpot as a primary tool to market the company’s product and services directly to our customer base. Information shared with OLYMPE is only accessible through login credentials through HubSpot’s online web portal.
- Microsoft Office 365 – OLYMPE uses Microsoft SharePoint as a Partner Portal to share company information as well as OLYMPE customer information. The SharePoint is only accessible to select OLYMPE appointed Partners. Information shared with OLYMPE and OLYMPE Partners is only accessible through login credentials through Microsoft’s 365 Office Suite online web portal.
- MailChimp – OLYMPE uses MailChimp as a secondary tool to market the company’s product and services directly to prospective customers. Information shared with OLYMPE is only accessible through login credentials using MailChimp’s online web portal.TYPES OF DATA. We collect, use, store and transfer different types of both personal and non-personal information through our website.
How We Use Your Data
We will use your personal data only where we have a lawful basis for doing so. We process your personal data for a number of purposes. The lawful basis for processing your personal data will depend on the purpose for which it was obtained. The table below sets out the purposes for which we may process your personal data and the relevant lawful basis/bases that allow for that processing:
|Purpose Of Processing
|Type(S) Of Data
|Our Lawful Basis For Processing
|Managing our relationship with you and registering you as a new customer/user
|Administration purposes and the protection of our business and the website (e.g. troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
|Marketing and promotions:
*Legitimate interests means our legitimate interests in conducting and managing our business or the interests of third party where these interests are not overridden by your fundamental rights, interests and freedoms.
Changes to the Purposes of Processing: We will only process your personal data for the purpose(s) for which we collected it. If we do need to use your personal data for a new purpose, we will notify you of this and explain the lawful basis we will be relying on.
Please be aware that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
We will send you marketing messages if you have given us your consent to do so. You can opt out of receiving marketing communications by following the opt-out or unsubscribe links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time. Aside from using this opt-out link, you can control how we send you marketing communications by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Share Your Personal Data And With Whom
We may need to share your information with certain third parties – these third parties are as follows:
· Other companies acting as joint controllers or processors, namely:
- IT providers
- MailChimp ( www.mailchimp.com )
- Hubspot ( www.hubspot.com )
- Salesforce ( www.salesforce.com )
Some of them may be located to countries out of Switzerland and European Union, including in countries with no adequacy decision, which m eans that a risk inherent to the transfer cannot be excluded.
· Our professional advisers [acting as processors or joint controllers] including lawyers, bankers, auditors, insurers who provide us with professional services based in Switzerland and European Union.
Third Party Links
Requesting Access To Your Personal Data
Under data protection law, individuals have the right to request access to information about them that we hold. To make a request for your personal data, please contact email@example.com.
Whilst we store and use your personal data we will ensure the appropriate security of your personal data including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organizational measures.
The personal data we process is secure and access to it is limited to those who need it.
Retention Of Your Data
Without affecting your other rights, we will not keep your personal data longer than is necessary for the purpose for which we use it and will delete or destroy it when it is no longer required.
In some circumstances, we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer identify you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
In any case, the cookies we use do not have a lifetime of more than 13 months, respectively 6 months for cookies collected with your consent.
Your Other Privacy Rights
By law you may have certain additional privacy rights. These are to:
- Have access to your personal data we hold;
- Have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Have your data erased (the right to be forgotten) in certain circumstances – e.g. where it is no longer needed by us the purpose for which it was collected, or you have withdrawn your consent. Please note however, that in certain circumstances, we may not be able to comply with your request of erasure for legal reasons. If this is the case, we will notify you at the time you request erasure.;
- Restrict the use of your data in certain circumstances – e.g. where you have told us the data is inaccurate and we are in the process of checking this. In such circumstances we will continue to store your data but will not process it further until we have checked and confirmed whether the data is inaccurate;
- Object to the processing of your data in certain circumstances – e.g. you may object to processing of your data for direct marketing purposes;
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means;
- Request the transfer of your personal data to a third party. Please note this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you; and
- To withdraw your consent at any time to processing where we are relying on consent as the lawful basis – e.g. to receiving marketing communications. Please note if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products and services to you – We will let you know if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you have any concerns about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, please contact us in the first instance. We will do our best to reply within 30 days.
If data processing is based on your consent, you may revoke it at any time in the future without giving any reason. The revocation should generally be addressed to us directly using our contact form or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes To Your Personal Data
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please let us know if your personal data changes and we need to update our records. You can do so by using our contact form or by e-mail to email@example.com.
EPFL Innovation Park, Building I
1015 Lausanne, Switzerland