Is the total cost of sourcing a gasket lower from India or Ecuador? With Olympe a major manufacturer built an application that automates large volumes of complex cost calculations for their materials, boosting the productivity of their supply chain teams.
- A major European manufacturer needed to source nuts, bolts, and gaskets abroad for customers and for their own production.
- Sourcing the most cost-effectively required hours of manual computing of shipping, customs and other costs.
- Fluctuating cost data was already outdated when used in manual calculations, leading to inaccurate price comparisons.
- As a result, the supply chain / sourcing team sometimes failed to use the most cost-effective method.
- Working from just an e-mail describing the client’s needs, Olympe built a fully functional prototype application that automated transport cost calculation. We built this in 2 hours.
- The app connects to official customs fees database, manufacturer’s ERP, real time prices from parts suppliers.
- The app calculates and feeds real-time “transport cost comparisons” back to the ERP.
- It is multi-user and works on desktop or smartphone.
- The app boosts the productivity of Supply Chain teams by automating large volumes of complex calculation processes.
- It increased the manufacturer’s profit margin by lowering costs through better sourcing decisions.
- In future new data sources can be added to the app effortlessly by the manufacturer themselves.
Time to develop live, working app
Amount of specifications required to build app
Data sources interfaced with app for cost calculations