The company needed to develop an app where customers could
- compute the subscription price based on their EV brand, model and estimated mileage
- geolocate their address to determine their eligibility and subscribe to the service
- interact with the utility company for any post-sales matters
Developing a conventional website to do this would have required an expensive web agency and several months’ lead time.
- A 1-hour workshop was held with a broad fusion team: Business Analyst, Marketing, Web UI, Developer
- A fully operational prototype was developed in 2 days based on a simple e-mail describing their need
- It managed a dynamic pricing computation and generated interactive screenflows based on customer inputs
- It featured the utility company’s branding
- It functioned on any mobile device and could integrate into their existing website
- The app provided all the desired functionalities at a fraction of time and cost of alternative solutions.
- The prototype, tested in the field, was much more compelling than a slide deck for the innovation team to obtain budget approval for further iteration.