- For this Conflict of Interest declaration form, a regulatory requirement, the university wanted a digital procedure rather than a tedious paper-based one.
- The form workflow and history needed to be auditable, if requested by authorities
- Developing this with a typical IT consultancy would have been costly and taken months.
- A 1-hour workshop was held with the university’s IT team
- Based on minimal specifications a fully functional standalone prototype was developed in just 2 days
- It featured 2 different desktop apps (1 for the users and 1 for the admin), with a fully client-branded front end
- It functioned on any mobile device
- “Conflict of Interest Declaration Records” were archived locally and auditable
- The app provided all the desired functionalities at a fraction of time and cost it would have taken with traditional development platforms.
- The prototype could be easily scaled to production-level capacity for the university’s large number of users.